Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sleeping in the garden.


One of the things I have quickly learned about being a parent is not to make threats you cannot follow through with.  Children are not stupid and they can totally tell when you full of shitsky.

Case in point:
Yesterday Eva, Scarlett and I were in the garden weeding.  The garden is surrounded by a chicken wire fence.  I was holding Scarlett and was ready to exit the garden and told Eva to come along.  Eva did not want to.  I couldn't pick her up due to Scarlett so I said,"OK, you can just sleep in the garden tonight, goodnight." and I turned and exited.  When I turned around I saw this:





Eva said,"Goodnight Momma, I am going to sleep." and had a big smile on her face.  
She knew I would never leave her out in the garden to sleep.

This may be a bad example since it wasn't a real threat but it just reminded me how smart kids are when they don't even know it.

Plus look at this dirty mug.  I love this girl.


I love that Eva is girly but also doesn't mind getting dirty.  She also loves to be naked and I have found her a few times outside stripped of her clothes running around outside.  

The shot above was an over the shoulder shot taught to me by Michelle's husband Jacob.  You can get some fun shots that way.

4 comments:

sware said...

Love this!

Teresa said...

I love that picture of Eva. Her expression is THE BEST!!!

Becky Pitcher said...

So cute! I love that she picks up on social cues well enough to know that you were teasing her, and she teased you back!

Alicia said...

Now, you must teach me this "over the shoulder thing" you are talking about.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...