Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Question my therapist asked me.

Yesterday during therapy I gave my therapist the analogy of a 50 gallon bucket and that filling that bucket seemed impossible but that I was in charge of filling it and I felt hopeless and frustrated and that nothing I did was enough.
She turned the question and analogy on me and asked,"So, what fills up your bucket?  What makes you feel satisified and fulfilled?"
I really had to think about it but here is my answer:

Right now, today, after my kids go to bed and I feel I have no one requiring anything from me I watch a movie and try to mentally escape from myself and my life.  My house needs cleaning desperately and there are so much seemingly better things I could do with my time but watching a movie helps me to regenerate and fill my bucket a little and face the next day with renewed energy.
Last night I watched The Importance of Being Earnest.  I love that movie so much.  Every line is hilarious and clever.

I'm pretty sure I did this on my last blog but whatever, here are some lines from the movie.  Don't just pass over them, read them they are wonderful.


"I do not approve of anything that tampers with natural ignorance. Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone. The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound. Fortunately in England, at any rate, education produces no effect whatsoever. If it did, it would prove a serious danger to the upper classes, and probably lead to acts of violence in Grosvenor Square."
- Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest, Act 1

 "All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his."
- Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest, Act 1

"I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train."
- Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest, Act 2


"I should have remembered that when one is going to lead an entirely new life, one requires regular and wholesome meals."
- Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest, Act 2


"Oh, I don't think I would care to catch a sensible man. I shouldn't know what to talk to him about."
- Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest, Act 2


"I could deny it if I liked. I could deny anything if I liked."
- Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest, Act 2


"The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what Fiction means."
- Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest, Act 2


"Gwendolen - Cecily - it is very painful for me to be forced to speak the truth. It is the first time in my life that I have ever been reduced to such a painful position, and I am really quite inexperienced in doing anything of the kind."
- Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest, Act 2


"Gwendolen, it is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth. Can you forgive me?"
- Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest, Act 3


"London society is full of women of the very highest birth who have, of their own free choice, remained thirty-five for years."
- Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest, Act 3


So what fills your bucket?



2 comments:

sweetheber said...

I LOVE that movie. I can see all of them saying those quotes--it was cast perfectly. I love when Colin Firth is getting is picture taken--his faces are hillarious. My favorite scene is when the boys are trying to sing to the girls & the girls don't care--I love the servants helping with the music in that scene too :) I love Oscar Wilde's wittiness, it's all so subtle. That's a great way to fill your bucket!!

sweetheber said...

Another great way to laugh--watch the 2 episodes with Tobias as Mrs. Featherbottom--so funny!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...